Dates and Times:
Sunday, May 2, 2021 – 5th & 6th grade teams
Sunday, May 9, 2021 – 7th & 8th grade teams
5th (May 2) and 7th (May 9) grade teams play 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30
6th (May 2) and 8th (May 9) grade teams play 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12;00, and 1:00
Pingry Parsons Field (Football) is Jersey Jam Field #1. Porta-johns located behind grandstand.
Pingry Babbitt Field (above parking lot #3) is Jersey Jam Field #2. Porta-johns located behind scoreboard.
Pingry Driveway Field (turf near entrance) is Jersey Jam Field #3. Porta-johns located in Parking Lot #1.
Pingry Road Field (grass near entrance) is Jersey Jam Field #4. Porta-johns located in Parking Lot #1.
The Jersey Jam will be held at The Pingry School, 131 Martinsville Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 on three turf & 2 grass fields.
- $725 fee
- Boys Lacrosse
- Town teams only (no select travel teams)
- All teams play 5 games; jamboree style with predetermined matchups and field locations
- Fastest-shot contest
- Most accurate-shot contest
- Spirit award for every team
- Food truck & vendors
- 16th year for the Jersey Jam with teams from NJ & neighboring states
- This event is a “jamboree” and no results are kept. It is the hope that all participants remember that the purpose is to have fun.
- Please have your team clean up your area at the end of the day.
- Please tell your players to keep their equipment with them at all times. First Class Lacrosse Plus is not responsible for any lost or stolen equipment.
- Arguing with officials by coaches, players or parents will not be tolerated. Any individual or group who violates this policy will be removed from the property. There are no warnings. You are responsible for informing all members of your group of this policy.
- Game Rules:
- Games will start immediately at the time scheduled, there are no warm ups on the field, except for the first game in the morning and the first game in the afternoon.
- Games will consist of one 25 minute running time game. An air horn will blow to start and end each game.
- There will be no time outs.
- 7th and 8th Grade teams will follow normal extra man situations. Officials will move quickly to restart play so teams are expected to get man up and man down squads organized quickly.
- For 5th and 6th grade teams, there will be no extra man situations. All personal fouls will consist of the offending player being removed from the field, a new player being placed on the field, and a fast break starting play. Technical fouls will also create a fast break with no one being removed from the game.
- Fast break means that all attack and defense are set up in front of the goal and all middies are on the midfield line. One offensive middie has the ball and a five yard start. One whistle will start all players and the other middies are allowed to immediately chase the ball.
- Officials may inform the coaches to keep a player who committed an extremely violent or aggressive act out for 3 minutes or even have him held out for the duration of the game. That player is eligible to play in the next contest.
- No one handed checks by any grades. 8th grade players are allowed to do so in the regular season, but due to quick turn-a-rounds between games, the game officials might not recognize 7th or 8th grade teams so we are banning this practice from all games at the Jersey Jam.
- Due to the short length of games, the officials can, at any time, call a team for delay of game. It is expected that every time a team has the ball, they will advance it into the offensive box. The “keep it in” rule shall be enforced at the end of the game.
- 7th and 8th grade teams will use the 20 second count to clear and the 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive zone.
- When one team is leading by four or more goals there shall be no face-off if a goal is scored. The team losing will start with a free clear.