- Every team receives a “Spirit Trophy” to be awarded to a special player on each team.
- All games are officiated by two certified referees.
- Three of the fields at Rutgers University are first rate artificial surface venues.
- All players will be scheduled for the Fastest Shot Contest and the Most Accurate Shot Contest to compete for prizes.
- Concessions and vendors are on site.
- Games will start immediately at the time scheduled, there are no warm ups on the field, except for the first game in the morning and the first game in the afternoon.
- Games will consist of one 25 minute running time game. An air horn will blow to start and end each game.
- There will be no time outs.
- There will be no extra man situations. All personal fouls will consist of the offending player being removed from the field, a new player being placed on the field, and a fast break starting play. Technical fouls will also create a fast break with no one being removed from the game.
- Fast break means that all attack and defense are set up in front of the goal and all middies are on the midfield line. One offensive middie has the ball and a five yard start. One whistle will start all players and the other middies are allowed to immediately chase the ball.
- Officials may inform the coaches to keep a player who committed an extremely violent or aggressive act out for 3 minutes or even have him held out for the duration of the game. That player is eligible to play in the next contest.
- No one handed checks by any grades. 8th grade players are allowed to do so in the regular season, but due to quick turn-a-rounds between games, the game officials might not recognize 7th or 8th grade teams so we are banning this practice from all games at the Jersey Jam.
- Due to the short length of games, the officials can, at any time, call a team for delay of game. It is expected that every time a team has the ball, they will advance it into the offensive box. The “keep it in” rule shall be enforced at the end of the game.
- When one team is leading by four or more goals there shall be no face-off if a goal is scored. The team losing will start with a free clear.
Rutgers University, Busch Campus: University Park Fields and the Sport Club Field
GPS Driving Address: 656 Bartholomew Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
University Park Fields are located across the street from The Sonny Werblin Recreation Center on Bartholomew Road, just up the road from Yurcak Field where the Rutgers men’s varsity team plays.
Absolutely no parking on the street. You will be ticketed by the Rutgers Police and your car will be towed.
Take Bartholomew Road to the first intersection and make a left onto Brett Road. Follow Brett Road as far as it will go. This will turn into Lot #64. You may also park in the Sports Club Field parking lot.
Parking on the dirt fields (football game day parking site) across the rotary from the lacrosse fields.
There is no parking on the gravel road next to the fields. This is reserved for team tents and official’s cars.
Route #287 North or South
Follow Route 287 to Exit 9. The sign says Highland Park & Bound Brook. Take River Road for 2.5 miles. At the 3rd light, make a left on to Hoes Lane. Stay on Hoes Lane, bearing to your right onto Frelinghuysen Road. Follow Frelinghuysen Road to the circle and take the third exit out of the circle, which is Bartholomew Road. You will see the fields on your right.
Take Route 18 North over the Lynch Bridge and take the second exit (Campus Road, Busch Campus) after the bridge. Follow Campus Road to the circle. Make a right into the circle and take the first exit out of the circle, which is Bartholomew Road. Take Bartholomew Road to the first intersection and make a left onto Brett Road. Follow Brett Road as far as it will go. This will turn into Lot #64.
Route #1 North or South
Follow Route #1 toward New Brunswick. Exit onto Route #18 North. Follow Route #18 directions.
N.J. Turnpike North or South
Follow the Turnpike to Exit #9. After the toll take Route #18 North. Follow #18 North directions.
Garden State Parkway
Follow the Parkway to Route #287 or Route #1. Follow the respective directions for those roads.